Wednesday 2 June 2010

Good times

Hi all,

I’m currently writing this off Ella’s Pink Lady. We’re sailing up the Aussie coast up from Sydney to Mooloolaba just north of Brisbane and it’s been a pretty hilarious journey so far without a doubt.

Have also had time to reflect on what a great time I had in Sydney. To say I was well looked after would be a complete understatement. So, to anyone I met and if you are reading this… THANKS.

We pulled in to a lovely little port on the coast and spent a night there. Then last night we sailed through the night to make some better progress up the coast.
It’s been fantastic to get out to sea again and although I did feel a little sea sick on our first night out from Sydney I’ve got my sea legs now which is really great as my appetite is back too! I always like to be well fed onboard and I’ve been pretty impressed with Jess’s cooking I have to admit.

The wind is starting to die off now which is a little frustrating but I’m enjoying being up in a little warmer climes.

I'm really looking forward to arriving in Mooloolaba on Sunday

Mike

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can feel your bliss oozing out through your every word Mike !
    Have a fantastic time you two....and continued thanks for sharing your perfect exploits with your thousands of followers around the world.
    Hugs for Jessica, hugs for you and three cheers for the beauty of living your dream.
    blessings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,
    We are all so proud of you and Jessie Martin for supporting our Jessica. You both appear to be wonderful young men. Who's all sailing up with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike i feel certain that Jessica can cook up a meal fit for her favorite fellow circumnavigator with an outstanding dessert to boot ! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike,
    Glad your having a good time, but how could you not have a great time sailing with Jesse! I have been following her amazing round the world trip since Oct. I also followed Bounty Boat with Don M. It must have been a real drag for you to bail out of that trip. However, if you hadn't had the apendicitis, you would be eating corn beef right now instead of Jesse's home cooking on what sounds like a very nice cruise! Life is funny that way.
    Did you hear that Sir Robin Knox Johnston listed Jesse as a solo circumnavigator? Here's the link.
    http://www.robinknox-johnston.co.uk/da/20103

    Wishing you all the very best!
    Richard Weills (Richard in Maryland)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whos all on Ella's Pink Lady? Sounds like immense fun!

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so not surprised Jess is cooking you great meals!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'day Mike,

    Glad you've found your sea legs again, it's be a bit less enjoyable sailing up the coast feeling sick.

    Saw on the news whereby Pink Lady hit a sandbar. Also saw Jesse shrug her shoulders smiling. LOL I couldn't help but smile too at that.

    It'll all be happening this weekend at Mooloolaba ... have fun the both of you and I'm sure the "banana benders" will make you most weclome, Mike! :)- [Ask Jesse re "banana benders", she'll explain!] :)

    Cheers from Soldier's Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great adventures, Mike. Sailing is freedom at its best. Good thing you found your sealegs.

    ReplyDelete